I want to love smoothies all the time, but I go through phases. When I’m “in” with smoothies, I’m all in – like – could eat them every single meal. When I’m out – I’m so so far out that I don’t even want to THINK about smoothies.
One morning a few weeks back I could not think of anything to eat for breakfast. …And breakfast is one of my favorite meals. I decided it was time to crank out a smoothie, again.
Since I hadn’t made smoothies in a while there were zero smoothie-items in the house. Luckily, though, I am a frozen vegetable-hoarder at times, so I made it work. I threw in frozen spinach, dates, peanut butter and soymilk. After it was whirled up I gave it a taste and decided it totally needed salt, vanilla and cinnamon.
The result? A perfect salted caramel beautiful green smoothie. This smoothie was so great that I ate it the next few days as well. The perfect sweet+salty – I knew I had to share it with you guys! So…here it is! 🙂
- 1 - 2 cups non-dairy milk / water / liquid
- 1 large handful of dates
- 1 large handful of frozen spinach
- 1.5 tablespoons of peanut butter
- A dash of salt
- A dash of cinnamon
- A splash of vanilla
- Add all ingredients to the blender and whirl until completely smooth.
- Pour into a cup
- Add a straw
- Drink up!
- Feel free to add some silken tofu to the smoothie too - it doesn't add flavor, but it makes for a super creamy smoothie that has tons of protein!
Note – in order to help support the costs of blogging, my site occasionally contains affiliate links. When this happens – everything costs the same for you, but I get a little income as well. Thanks!