I’ll admit it. I do love baked potatoes. But here’s the problem. Cooking them was always way too difficult. OKAY. Not difficult. Just annoying.
First, you could bake them in the oven for agessssssssss, which always ended me with either – raw potatoes – or – burnt to a crisp because I swear they were raw 3 minutes ago potatoes.
Then..there was the option of microwaving. Which also left me with half baked potatoes. And…multiple times I stabbed myself trying to prick the potatoes with a fork.
Geez. I sound mega whiny. Yeah. None of those are really problems…but the truth is – I can totally cook them in my Instant Pot WAY easier. I mean …It’s freakin SIMPLE. …And the potatoes – totally perfect, every single time! I even made you a video. 🙂
Super easy, right?! Here are the directions written out as well…
- Potatoes - however much you want (max of 5 pounds). You can peel them or chop them if desired. They need to all be roughly the same size.
- Insert the steamer rack into the instant pot (see how in the video)
- Add about 1 cup of water into the instant pot
- Add potatoes
- Close lid and turn the sealing vent to "sealed"
- Click the "manual" button and reduce the time to 10 minutes
- Once cooking completes let the pressure valve release naturally (about 20 minutes)
- Open the lid and eat the potatoes :)
- P.S. - pretty sure you could do the exact same thing with sweet potatoes :)
- P.P.S. - These potatoes are super soft - I think they're perfect :) If you prefer a crispy skin, you could bake them for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees after you finish cooking them in the instant pot.
Note – in order to help support the costs of blogging, my site occasionally contains affiliate links. When this happens – everything costs the same for you, but I get a little income as well. Thanks!