Oh Hey. Remember last week when I said “HEY LET’S MAKE PUMPKIN SPICE CAKE WITH A BOX CAKE MIX” and you guys all said “YEAH! LET’S DO IT”. Uhm. Wanna play again? This time. With Cookies.
- 1 box gluten free Yellow cake mix (I used King Arthur’s brand)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- Optional (but not really optional) – Chocolate Chips – ½ - 1 cup
- Add a silicon mat to a cookie sheet, or grease it well. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl empty the cake mix.
- Add the spices and stir well.
- Add the vanilla and the pumpkin. Stir again. It’ll be hard to stir at first, but as the pumpkin incorporates it will stir more easily. Stir until it is completely uniform throughout.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, if using (you should be using)
- Using a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon, spoon out the cookies. They don’t need to be all on top of each other, but they won’t spread much. You should kind of flatten them down and smooth the top of them so they look pretty and stuff.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, but begin checking at 10 minutes. They’re done when they’re firm on top. (They’ll be soft in the middle).
- Allow to cool completely before eating.
- Enjoy :)
- Nuts may be good in these too? Or...white chocolate chips? Oh geez...
- Oh Yeah. This made like a bazillion cookies. Like...45 - 50. I froze half of the dough. Because even though cookies are awesome, I don't think I can eat a bazillion of them.
- I'm sure you could use the same method with a non-gluten free cake mix. I just haven't tried it. Beacuse... #GlutenHatesMe
Note – in order to help support the costs of blogging, my site occasionally contains affiliate links. When this happens – everything costs the same for you, but I get a little income as well. Thanks!