I’m hit and miss with smoothies. I go through phases. When I’m “on” to them, they are actually all I want for every single meal. When I’m off…I can’t even think about them.
This smoothie is actually a copy-cat of one from the local coffee shop. It has nothing healthy in it. < Well, that isn’t true. It just doesn’t have anything green in it. I have nothing at all against green smoothies, and drink them often. But that isn’t what this smoothie is made for. It’s made to drag you out of bed on a sad Monday morning and make the world seem shiny and bright again. < Yeah. Big claims, I know. But it’s good. 🙂 The best parts about this smoothie are all of the parts. Chocolate. Peanut Butter. Coffee. Cinnamon. < And some other stuff to make it a smoothie and not just a pile of those things. 🙂 Although..a chocolate peanut butter coffee cinnamon pile sounds amazing.
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk of your choice (we use rice milk)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 a frozen banana
- 1 shot of espresso or 1 tablespoon of coffee beans
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 a teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 large shake of cinnamon (optional)
- Put everything in your blender and blend until completely smooth (this is important if you're using coffee beans).
- Pour into a mason jar.
- Drink. Smile. :)
Note – in order to help support the costs of blogging, my site occasionally contains affiliate links. When this happens – everything costs the same for you, but I get a little income as well. Thanks!