But, you see, it is a recipe. Or, perhaps, a recipe enhancer. Vegan parmesan can be bought at the store – for a lot of money, and little flavor. I’ve toyed with a way to make it from nuts and nutritional yeast for a while – but it was just missing…something.
Enter – miso. Mellow miso, to be exact. I have fallen in love with miso, and it’s soft salty flavor this spring. And it’s addition to nuts and nutritional yeast just makes this vegan parmesan irresistible.
I found it especially delightful topping this tomato soup, by Oh She Glows. Oh, and the soup? Seriously amazing.
So, make some Pecan Parmesan – because you know your Tomato soup is calling for it.
- 1 cup pecans (can use walnuts)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon miso (mellow, light miso)
- Add all three ingredients to food processor or blender
- Blend until crumbly, but not into a paste
- Serve as a substitute for Parmesan in any dish
- Store in an airtight container
Note – in order to help support the costs of blogging, my site occasionally contains affiliate links. When this happens – everything costs the same for you, but I get a little income as well. Thanks!