If you read my ‘Majorly Awesome Thanksgiving Recipe Roundup‘ you know that I’ve been thinking about Thanksgiving for awhile – but I have a confession – this week totally snuck up on me. I think it is because Thanksgiving is so so late this year (the latest it can possibly be, in fact), that I kept thinking ‘I have more time’.
Sometime during the plane ride home from Toronto last week, I hit panic mode – yes, I had done a huge roundup for recipes, but I obviously wasn’t going to cook all of them. I needed to make a menu for our Thanksgiving meal, pronto. The weather forecast for this week also kicked me into high gear.
This year we are ‘hosting’ Thanksgiving at my house. Everyone is sort of scattered this year – but my Brother and Dad are coming to our house, (my Mum is going to her parents – which is where we all usually go). So, it was time to decide on a menu.
Here’s what I chose:
- ‘Kick Ace Extra Sharp Raw Vegan Holiday Cheddar Cheese Ball’ – rolled in walnuts and served with apple slices and rice crackers. The only modification I will be making is that I will have to sub the sundried tomatoes, which I’m still working out
- Dinner Rolls (3 batches)
- Sweet ‘n’ Sour string beans (3 batches)
- Spinach sauteed in red wine vinegar and garlic
- Cheesy Pasta Bake (minus tomatoes)
- A large green salad
- A fruit Salad
- Baked Sweet Potatoes with a candied walnut topping
- Mushroom Risotto (my Dad makes this)
So – there it is! I will go grocery shopping tonight! Exciting 🙂
I hope everyone has a fabulous Thanksgiving! I’d love to hear what you’re cooking up!