Many apologies for my sudden disappearance last week. I started a few new items on my Etsy shop and have became completely sucked in. Needless to say, this muffin recipe has been in my drafts for almost two weeks now, screaming to get posted…but it has taken a back seat to these:
So, done with excuses. Here is an awesome muffin recipe! When I decided to make these I wanted them to be:
- And, of course, Vegan and Gluten Free and Oat Free
- Oil Free was an awesome bonus
- So was freezable
These muffins met all of my lofty demands with vigor. They are tasty and moist, and can really handle any ‘berry’ you throw in them. Or, nuts, or fruit, or just about anything. Blueberry is my favorite muffin – type. Which is odd, because it’s the only form of blueberry I really enjoy.
So let’s make them. And then – keep this recipe in your back pocket – for all of your muffin-fixes.
Blueberry [Or Any Berry] Muffins [Vegan/Gluten Free]
Makes about 8 – 10 large muffins
- 1 + 1/2 cups Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seeds mixed with 6 tablespoons water, let sit 5 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- About 1 cup of berry of choice (blueberry, strawberry, raisins, banana and nuts, etc)
Let’s Make It:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare your 2 flax eggs in a medium bowl
- In a large bowl, mix together gluten free flour blend, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients (maple syrup, vanilla, apple sauce, water, apple cider vinegar) (but not the fruit) into the flax eggs, stir well.
- Make a hole in the middle of the mixture in the dry mixture and add the wet mixture. Stir until well combined, but do not over mix
- Fold in the fruit of choice
- Line a muffin pan with liners and fill about 3/4 of the way full
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, but watch closely after 15 (baking time varies due to muffin size). Muffins are done when a knife can be inserted in the middle and come out clean
- Serve warm or at room temperature. If not eaten in 2 days, freeze for later use
What are your favorite muffin-mixins?
I included this recipe in a recipe roundup.