I began compiling a list of recipes for my ‘Majorly Awesome Vegan/Gluten Free Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up’ on October 3rd. Well over a month before Thanksgiving. Because, to be totally honest, I was kind of freaking out.
Nathan and I will be cooking our own Thanksgiving meal this year. And it will be vegan. And. Gluten free. I know I can do it, I just didn’t have many ideas. The traditional Thanksgiving foods came to mind (and fell short of our dietary choices). I didn’t want to be left eating Chinese Food from the China Buffet on Thanksgiving. So, in true ‘obsessive planner’ fashion, I began working on menu ideas.
Obviously, I won’t make all of these items for our Thanksgiving meal, but I wanted there to be options, and I wanted to make sure I had a wide array for other people’s tastes as well. On the list I have some of my original recipes along with some links to some other awesome people’s recipes. If you have any other ideas for vegan/gluten free menu items I’d LOVE to hear them in the comments! I’d also like to hear how you combine these items into an awesome meal!
- Cheezy Pasta Bake
- Vegetable Pot Pie
- Butternut Alfredo from Post Punk Kitchen
- Vegetable Chili
- Tomato Soup
- Smoky Butternut Squash Pasta from Oh She Glows
- Sweet & Sour green beans
- Garlic mashed potatoes (use earth balance for butter)
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Baked sweet potatoes with candied walnut topping (use walunt topping from Cinnamon Roll Recipe)
- Glazed Carrots From Fat Free Vegan
- Corn on the cob
- Spinach Sauteed with Garlic
- Cheezy broccoli – steam broccoli and add cheese sauce
- Cranberry Sauce
- Fruit Salad
- Pull Apart Dinner Rolls
- Garlic Knots [Or Rolls]
- Savory Waffles
- Thanksgiving Stuffing/Dressing
- Savory Mushroom Gravy From The Post Punk Kitchen
What did I miss? What are your Thanksgiving meal plans?