I love my Mum’s sweet & sour string beans. But, now that I live a bacon-free life, I needed a fast alternative.
So, here it is.
The Easiest Sweet&Sour green beans ever
- 1 can green beans, drained
- A generous dump of balsamic vinegar
- A rough teaspoon of maple syrup
- Chopped onion, if you have it
- In a pot put your green beans
- Cover in a good drench of balsamic
- Add the maple syrup
- Add onions (I only do on nights I have them pre chopped from another meal)
- Simmer at a medium heat until beans are the texture of your liking
- Enjoy 🙂